Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chantal with you today... ;)

Hi there! First I'd like to say a big warm welcome to our newest DT members! I'm really loving the eye candy you've all been creating and sharing here at Purple Pumpkin! It's been a real pleasure! Welcome back to our returning DT members too! I am so thrilled to be staying on another term here with you all!

I'd like to share a layout that I recently made using a challenge at Kraft It Up!...


The challenge is to use three Kraft layers... so these photos instantly came to mind! Kraft reminds me a little of the warmth of gingerbread! LOL!

So here I've used a plain piece of Kraft cardstock as my base. I have then used tiny post-it - like labels around my page as a border, then I've stuck Tim Holtz' tissue tape over the top to blend in the colours and "warm" it up.

I then had a piece of a fake Xmas tree branch, and I used this as a mask with my October Afternoon "Holiday Style" Sprinkler Sprays. First I used "Spruce Tree" (green) on the right, "Santa's Hat" (red) in the middle and "Tinsel" (silver) on the left. And I ended up with a very colourful backdrop (and Chrissy branch!).

My three other Kraft items are; Shipping tags (which are in actual fact, clothing tags), Kraft patterned paper (punched into snowflakes... Martha Stewart style ;) ) and lastly, chipboard circles (by Collections - they came in a DIY cotton spool set, but of course I use them for everything but!) - I didn't seem to actually have many Kraft-coloured chippie (most of it is a grey colour) so these did very nicely... it's a great colour for chippie I think!


Hey hey hey! The twine bow is back! ;) (For those of you that are wondering what I'm on about - I used to use these ALOT a couple of months back. That twine is called "Valentine's Twine" and it's available from Purple Pumpkin right here. At only $1.75 for 5m, no wonder I'm rather frivolous with my twine! Total bargain!!!

This was a fantastic memory that I got to document creatively - it's still fresh in the mind so lots of journalling too!

Have you played along with our sketch challenge yet? It's by me, so I'm totally loving seeing everyone's interpretations, hey! The layouts so far are AWESOME! I'm blown away by all the talent out there!!!

You can check it out here!

That's all for now, TFL!

Cheers,
Chantal
xo

4 comments:

Melfield said...

Wow Chantal - I love your LO -the colours are gorgeous and the layers you have are awesome. What a fun LO & a fun memory to keep - love ur work girl! Xxxx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks so much Mel! :D

Felicity Ives said...

I didn't know where to look, it is a beautiful color explosion that screams fun! Fantastic layout!

Raechelle Bellus said...

this is such a stunner! the layers and details are perfect!