Tuesday, April 9, 2013

'Precious' Layout by Helen Tilbury






Hello ladies!  Helen HERE, sharing my first page for my new term
at Purple Pumpkin. I am so happy to be here for another
6 months - woooooooo!!  Here's my latest creation for you!  


I made this layout for the sketch challenge at The Scrapbook Store, using loads of Purple Pumpkin loveliness as usual :)  The navy spotty buttons, the denim flower, the XL rose button, the crochet flower, 2 cameos, resin flower & ticket offcut, as well as the felt die-cut circle from a Limited Edition Kit.


I used a dark background as I love the striking look that it creates 
& went for a zingy navy, lime green & shocking pink colour scheme.


My white acrylic paint was basically finished so, rather than throwing it away,
 I cut the tube open & dry brushed around the edges of my central elements,
  thus creating a vignette effect on my page.


I also dry-brushed over many of my embellishments & love the look 
that this created!  I used 3D glue dots under the petals of the denim
 flower to give it some chunky dimension.


I made a frame for my photo using the free corrugated tissue-wrap that comes 
on the top of biscuits in a large tin.  I inked it up in several different colours 
first & cut out the centre so I could place the photo behind the frame 
(that way the photo would remain flat rather than becoming
 wavy when placed on top of the corrugated paper).


I used up some of my older Prima flowers here too & added a couple of 
die-cut shapes (the concertina flower & the olive leaf).  I have a whole tub
 of them ready to use from when I went on a die-cutting frenzy :)  

Thanks for checking out my page!
I would ♥ it if you LIKED my new Facebook page HERE too :)

Have you ever thought about altering your Purple Pumpkin products with paint?
Why don't you give it a go?!  
The randomly dry-brushed 'gesso' look is really trendy right now!




4 comments:

Elaine coustley said...

I do like your layout, there is so much to look at.You put so much of yourself in your work. Beautiful and inspiring.x

Christina Panetsou said...

So pretty!!!

Ella Swan said...

Thank you ;-p

juscrap said...

This is gorgeous Helen!!!! xx