Monday, June 17, 2013

Cherish by Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

Good morning Purple Pumpkin fans, and welcome to the start of another week. Julianne here today sharing a layout created for the June challenge at Sketches With a Twist. 


I have been setting myself some personal scrapping challenges recently, and this layout is the perfect example! My first challenge, was to use some of my old stash - which I did by using the Making Memories clear word and definition stickers. They must be 5-7 years old. Scary isn't it! And my second challenge was to use a mixture of masculine and feminine colours. I achieved this by adding a small dashes of blue and grey with PP washi tape


Let's check out the close-ups! Both my daughter and I share a fondness for owls, so I decided to make this layout special by adding several owls to the the design. You can see two of them here - one on the flair button, and one on the bottle cap. Along with quite a few other Purple Pumpkin goodies - a tulle bling flower, crochet doilies, and kraft tags


I love how the bright bold colours of the crochet flower and washi tapes, contrast with the softer shades of pink and white. It really makes the colours pop, and has helped create a visual triangle with the splashes of orange colour. Who would have known that navy blue, grey, pink, and orange, can work together so beautifully!


I've also added numerous circles to my layout to create visual interest, along with splashes of of mist spray, and random sprinklings of rhinestones. 
Thank-you for stopping by and allowing me to share my creation with you.
Maybe I have inspired you to even set some of your own personal scrapping challenges?

Have a great week, and don't forget to drop by tomorrow for even more inspiration from the Purple Pumpkin team!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great layout! I think I should set myself that goal of using old with new too!

Kerry said...

What a lovely LO!!!

Elaine coustley said...

Beautiful. I think the circles are fantasic with a bit of a dress up. love your colour combination. x