Monday, August 26, 2013

You Are My Sunshine Layout by Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

Welcome to Monday morning, Purple Pumpkin friends. Yes, I know Monday's are difficult for many of us, so let's see if I can brighten your day just a little. 


There is one thing I really love about scrap retreats - you cannot take everything with you, so you have to learn to be creative, and to make the most of what you have. It's amazing how masking tape, strips of washi tape, and scrap pieces of paper can make an awesome background. Yes, that is all I used to create this background. And I simply finished the layout with embellishments, stickers, flowers, fabric buttons, tags, and a little doodling. 


I am still addicted to these Purple Pumpkin kraft tags. I've lost count of how many times I have used them on layouts. Seriously, they just go with everything. And no, I will not admit to how many of these tags I am hoarding, lol! 

Oh, and yes, those are hand-made paper roses. I'm very much in to making flowers by hand, if I don't have purchased flowers that match my layout. 


I'm not one for using a lot of black on my layouts, but when I do need a splash of it, these flair buttons do the trick perfectly. It's also a good thing that they come in so many other colours, too. 


I love how the torn strips of washi tape almost look like strokes of grey paint. It gives such an awesome texture to the background. 

So just because you don't have a room full of supplies at your fingertips, doesn't mean you can't create something spectacular with what you have. Use what is in front of you, think creatively, and be adventurous - it's never too late to try something new. 

Thank-you for stopping by today. I hope I have been able to inspire you to look at your supplies (and scraps) in a whole new light. 

Cheers and keep on scrapping,
Julianne. 

2 comments:

Elaine coustley said...

I agree with you on making do I often grab bits & bobs at random to test my self as to what I can turnout. I love your layout plenty to see in the work you have put in. x

Debbie said...

Fabulous LO Julianne, I love the washi and masking tape, very clever. The LO is super and the colours are really good with the B&W photo.
I noticed you have McKenna in your name, that's my Maiden name!!
Debbiex